Take an enchanting bird's view of the royal land of Rajasthan from a hot air balloon, with Sky Waltz.

Saturday, August 21, 2010

Hot Air Balloon Flights Across Pushkar

I was feeling quite exhilarated as I was traveling after a long spell of mundane and routine life of home and work. I looked behind the car to see my kids behaving like hurricanes and earth-quakes rolled into one. They are in for a surprise, I said to myself. My husband and I have planned a hot air balloon flight for the family, and that too at Pushkar. While doing a project in Rajasthan, I found out about this activity quite accidentally and as the cliché goes the rest is history.


At dusk we reached the Rajasthan hotel we had wisely reserved a few weeks earlier. Good, that it gave us a chance for a nice rest while looking forward to one of the biggest excitements we had ever had. Our joy was doubled as we got to know that we were about to have a top-view of the great Pushkar Festival. Let me fast forward to the actual moment of stepping into the balloon basket. I had no eyes for anything but the pure delight on my children’s faces.

Adventure and mischief are in the family, so balloon flights are right up our street. Though children have been to Rajasthan many a times before, they were thrilled at this unexpected holiday and even more pleasantly surprised by a balloon safari. Just as we had planned, was a surprise for them. Isn’t this a nice way to give a treat to your loved ones? This is something you must do at least once since the whole experience is just too exhilarating and cannot really be described in words. Simply fabulous.

No comments:

Post a Comment